Pulmonology Department- Muthoot Hospital
At Muthoot Hospital, They have created a facility dedicated to fighting the fallout of air pollution using advanced technology, teaching and treating our patients on how to breathe easily.
The Pulmonology department at Muthoot Hospital has taken the fast track in this discipline and is in a position today to offer professional management in health problems or issues involving the respiratory tract, covering issues with the lungs, asthma, allergic disorders, chronic bronchitis and other respiratory diseases.
People often keep their concerns to themselves instead of seeking advice that would help them get relief. You should see a specialized doctor if you have any difficulties in breathing, experience persistent cough or cough up blood. You can also trust our doctors, if you suffer from any other symptom related to the respiratory system.
Their experienced pulmonologists and experts in the respiratory system like Dr.Nikhila K Govind perform exams and tests to help determine any lung related diagnosis, including:
- CT scan to get detailed images of the bones, muscles, fat organs, and blood vessels in your chest
- Chest fluoroscopy to see how well your lungs are functioning
- Chest ultrasound to examine the organs and other chest structures
- Pleural biopsy to remove a small tissue sample from the pleura, which is the membrane that surrounds your lungs
- Pulmonary function test to see how well your lungs are working
- Pulse Oximetry test and arterial blood gases analysis to determine the oxygen saturation level in your blood and level of ventilation
- Thoracentesis to remove air or fluid from around your lungs
- Bronchoscopy to examine your airways, determine if you have any issues in your trachea, lower airways, throat, or larynx and to take tissue samples
- Sleep study to help them diagnose sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea
- Allergy Prick skin test and serum IgE Panels test to pinpoint the allergens responsible of causing the allergic sympto
Doctors and Timing
Dr. Nikhila K Govind
(Monday – Saturday) Morning and Evening Session